Sunday, May 5, 2013

C4K for April

For Week one of C4K for April, my student was Gavin's blog in Mrs. Geldes's class. The post I commented on was a short post that Gavin wrote about how it was supposed to snow and his school got a snow day. The day his school had a snow day it never even snowed, but the students had a day off of school. I commented to Gavin: "Hi Gavin! My name is Lindsey Estes. I am a student at The University of South Alabama and am in EDM 310. This is a course where we explore the world of technology and how it can be useful in the world of education. I have had the privilege of reading your blog this week through one of my assignments. I have enjoyed learning more about you, your class, and the assignments you have completed through your blog. My mom and step dad live in Ohio and they get a lot of snow up there. My brother got to miss school for several snow days this year. Even though it did not snow a lot I hope you enjoyed your day off of school."

The second week I commented on Jack's blog for my C4K. The only post that Jack had written thus far was his Welcome Post, so I commented on his post. In this post Jack introduced himself, told what he enjoyed doing, and a few interesting facts about himself. The comment I left on Jack's post was: "Hi Jack!My name is Lindsey Estes and I am a student in EDM 310 at The University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama in the United States. I really enjoyed reading you Welcome post on your blog. You did a great job introducing yourself and talking about the things you enjoyed. I am a huge fan of coke zero and carmello chocolate is my absolute favorite! I would eat it all the time if I could! I have four younger brothers and they all really enjoyed playing with Legos when they were younger and so did I. Thank you for sharing so much about your self and the things you enjoy. I learned a lot about you from reading your Welcome post. Keep up the great work with blogging!"

I have really enjoyed participating in C4Ks this semester. As we have commented on students blogs from Elementary School to High School I have really learned a lot about the presence of blogging in the classroom and the impact it can have on a student. I have also seen that it is possible for any grade level of student to blog and use it as a classroom tool. C4Ks have been more than just an assignment for me, I have enjoyed taking interest in these students and making an impact on their education as I simply comment and read their blogs. C4Ks have made an impact on the way I see blogging being used in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment